Sunday, September 7, 2014

Getting Ready to Challenge Myself - 24 Day Style

Getting Ready for the Cleanse Phase of the Challenge - Days 1-10

The night before we started the challenge, we went grocery shopping.  We got everything we needed to start the week on the challenge.  We bought chicken, steak, squash, zucchini, asparagus, grapes, green apples, eggs, oranges, and leafy green salad mix.  This was to get us through a few days until the weekend. 

Then I gathered all the products for the cleanse phase from our Advisor order.  This is what you need to start the first 10 days.  


Box of Spark
AdvoCare Spark® Energy

Bottle of Omegaplex
OmegaPlex®


Herbal Cleanse



These two products are optional during the cleanse, but highly recommended. 

Bottle of Catalyst
Catalyst™

Meal Replacement Shake


I prepped all of our Advocare products for the week.  The guide that comes with the 24 Day Challenge is pretty simple to follow, but I wanted to make it completely dummy proof for the hubs.  There is also an awesome app available on for IOS and Androids!


I took sandwich size bags and labeled them per day.  Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.  I put a Spark pouch in each one.  (I only drink one per day, but you can drink two if you want.) I then labeled small snack size bags for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Bedtime.  

Days 1-3 - In the breakfast bag I put a catalyst and a fiber drink mix.  The the lunch bag, I put another catalyst.  In the dinner bag, I put 4 omegas.  Since the herbal cleanse caplets come in individual pouches, I labeled them by days and put them all in one bedtime bag.  

Days 4-7 - You get a break from the fiber and now start the probiotics!  In the breakfast bag I put the catalyst and the probiotics.  In the lunch bag, I put a catalyst.  In the dinner bag, I put 4 omegas. 

Days 8-10 - In the breakfast bag, I put the fiber mix, probiotics, and catalyst.  In the lunch bag, I put a catalyst.  In the dinner bag, goes the omegas.  No more herbal cleanse at bedtime.  

I had everything ready to go and situated in a basket as shown below.  Every morning we would get up and begin the day with our fiber drink and morning pills.  One thing to remember to help make taking the fiber drink a little easier... take it with cold cold water.  We would put ice in our cups to get the water super cold.  You have to remove the ice, because if you add the powder while there is ice in the cup, it will clump up.  Use about 6-8oz of water.  Make sure you follow it with another cup of water to complete  the flush.  




The hardest part to get used to was drinking all of the water.  I personally am not used to drinking that much of any amount of liquid each day, much less water.  Water has never been high on my list, but I am getting used to it.  Advocare suggests you drink half of your weight in ounces of water.  It was a lot to get used to.  

Follow the guide and you should not have any trouble getting started on the challenge.  Advocare makes it very easy to stay on track and easy to follow.  






No comments:

Post a Comment